Speaking of Christmas Jumpers, can I thank the Demented Fairy for sending me this ace knitting pattern?
And here are some knitting jokes
- The jumper I got for Xmas kept picking up static electricity so I took it back to the shop & exchanged it for another one. Free of charge.
- I ordered a jumper from Australia and they sent me a kangaroo.
- I’m not very good at knitting yet. I was knitting whilst driving on Sunday when a policeman pulled up alongside me and yelled, “Pull over”. I was rather embarrassed. It was the first of a pair of socks.
- I went to a Jumble sale and was going to buy a jumper, but I changed my mind. I didn’t want someone else’s cast-off.
- My grandma is knitting me a willy warmer. It won’t be long.
Actually I am knitting a Christmas jumper. It is Rocquaine by Christina Danaee. I have wanted to do a gansey for a while, and although this is a modern version I think I should be able to do it, by New Years Eve. We are on our way later to my Mother’s for Christmas. Also I really wanted to do a yellow jersey – although it looks like orange in the photo it is a similar shade to the pattern.
I promised, via Instagram, a post on Nick’s bread making. We took some photos today and a full explanation is coming very soon.
Finally, before I sign off, I wanted to say thank you to everyone who follows, reads and comments on the blog. It means a great deal to me. I know I have been rambling on different topics this year! I hope you have a nice break, an enjoyable time with your family and friends, and a chance to relax and recharge. Happy Christmas everyone.