Following the success of my DVF dress I thought I would run one up for my daughter. She had just told us at Christmas she was expecting her second baby so I thought I might try a maternity style wrap dresses.
I used Butterick B5860, view B. I wanted to add the collar from D, but Esme said no. (I will blog about making clothes for others on another occasion!)
I got some purple-blue viscose jersey out of the oddments bin at Simply Fabrics and ran one up. Unfortunately due to my sloppiness, and less than perfect eyesight, I managed to make the jersey up back to front. In other words (if you knit) I had the purl on the front rather than the knit. A beginners mistake. Also, she noted that the front wrap was somewhat long. I did follow the pattern and we thought maybe it assumes a bigger bump. Here she is in it, in the 8th month of her pregnancy (3 weeks to go). It’s so voluminous that it has only just fit her. She is a slim girl (normally) and she found the ease excessive. Anyway given the warm weather, and the advent of her maternity leave she is now willing to wear it.